Migraine headaches are recurrent and painful headaches often with nausea and light sensitivity. Sometimes, headaches last from few hours to a few days. Mostly people complain pain the pain is on one side of the head but some people do experience pain on both sides. Migraine is considered to be the result of complex dysfunction of the nervous system. Women suffer more from these chronic headaches due to hormonal imbalances also.
1. Control Stress. Keep some time for yourself and engage yourself in relaxing activities.
2. Avoid smoking, alcohol consumption and toxic cleaning chemicals.
3. Participate in a regular balanced exercise program which includes high intensity exercise to enhance growth hormone release and calming exercise such as yoga and stretching.
4. Practice good sleep habits and get 8-9 hours of sleep. If you have sleep issues then follow insomnia protocol.
5. Consider massage, acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments on regular basis.
1. Avoid tyramine (like aged cheese) and Monosodium Glutamate(MSG) containing foods such packaged snack foods, Chinese food and some salad dressings. Also avoid foods made yeast containing such as breads, smoked and fermented meats .
2. Avoid tannin containing foods such as black teas, apple juice, coffee, dates, peaches, walnuts and pecans.
3. Avoid known food allergens.
4. Eat a diet in high omega 3 fats.
Suggested Supplements for Preventative Treatment
In addition to the changes recommended in lifestyle and diet, the following supplements are suggested:
Learn more about our Custom Weight Loss Program - Find My Skinny Genes