According to the Mayo Clinic, depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. You may have trouble doing normal day-to-day activities, and sometimes you may feel as if life isn't worth living.
More than just a bout of the blues, depression isn't a weakness and you can't simply "snap out" of it. Depression may require long-term treatment. But don't get discouraged. Most people with depression feel better with medication, psychological counseling or both. Many people don’t want to use traditional pharmaceutical treatments for depression and, instead, seek natural alternatives.
Lifestyle Changes Recommended
1. Control stress. Keep some time for yourself and engage yourself in relaxing activities.
2. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
3. Participate in regular balanced exercise program that include high intensity exercise to enhance growth hormone release and calming exercise such as yoga and stretching. Recent studies have shown that yoga and tai chi increase thalamic GABA activity which is correlated to a better mood.
4. Practice good sleep habits and get 8-9 hours of sleep. If you have sleep issues then follow insomnia protocol 5. Rule out hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia, and weak adrenal function
1. Avoid processed sugars.
2. Avoid white flour and all refined carbohydrates including cereals and pasta. Also avoid breads, bagels and muffins made with yeast.
3. Avoid caffeine and diet sodas.
4. Get a balance of omega 3’s (salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines) and omega 9 fats (olive oil, olives, almonds, hazelnuts, and avocados).
5. Stabilize blood sugar by eating protein at every meal.
6. Snack on vegetables and small amount of almonds, olives, avocado, and celery with almond butter.
7. Do not skip meals.
1. NeuroMood Pure Pack one packet a day Purchase here
Learn More About Our Custom Weight Loss Program - Find My Skinny Genes